Get Crafty with Peanuts
Your pantry is storing more than just snacks and ingredients—it’s full of supplies you can use to entertain the kids. Choose a new peanut-themed activity each day to keep the kids’ minds stimulated and family fun flowing.
This Dough is Money
If your kids love Play-Doh and playing with their food, Edible Peanut Butter Play Dough is a dream come true! With just three ingredients, you can whip up this peanut-inspired dough and then let your kids’ imaginations run wild as they mold it into animals, letters and numbers.
- ¾ cup nonfat dry milk or powdered sugar
- 1 cup Hampton Farms creamy peanut butter
- 3 TBSP of honey or light corn syrup
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl
- Mix ingredients together until smooth and no longer sticky to the touch
- Add more dry milk or powdered sugar if the mixture is sticking to your hands
- Let the kids play with the dough on a clean surface
And when they’re done creating shapes out of the peanut butter dough—dessert is served!
When Nature Calls—Spread the Good
Outside, the temperature is warming up and a chorus of birds is welcoming the springtime blooms. Using materials you already have on hand, your family can create this simple Peanut Butter Bird Feeder to attract more birds to your yard. You might be surprised to see that our feathered friends enjoy peanuts just as much as we do!
- Cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper
- Hampton Farms creamy peanut butter
- Bird-safe seeds
- 4 feet of yarn
- Roll the carboard tube in peanut butter so the exterior is covered evenly
- Roll the coated tube in bird seed
- String the yarn through the center of the cylinder
- Tie the feeder onto a tree branch outside
With the feeder in place, you can sit back and enjoy the birdwatching and sounds of spring!
Have a Friendly Face Off with Family
Lastly, get the family involved in a little healthy competition with the Peanut Toss Game. It’s just like the water balloon toss game, but can be played inside or out.
Give each team of two a Hampton Farms in-shell peanut and two empty plastic cups. Players toss their in-shell peanut back and forth, catching the nut in the cup and then taking one step backwards after each successful pass. The team who gets the furthest away without dropping their peanut wins.
With a little ingenuity and resourcefulness, you can turn food and everyday household items into novel activities for the whole family. We want to know—what new games or crafts has your family created recently? Comment below!
Hampton Farms has been delivering the freshest, best quality peanuts from seed to shelf since 1917. Our business is family owned and operated, and we are committed to producing the finest nut-based snacks and services with integrity, honesty and the pride of American farmers. If you’re looking for a heart-healthy, nutritious snack that can also entertain your kids, order nuts from Hampton Farms today!