Spooky season is in full swing as Halloween looms just around the corner. This quirky holiday is a fall fan favorite because it grants the opportunity to dress up and enjoy some tasty treats. For kids and kids-at-heart that enjoy spooky festivities, there’s nothing better than sharing seasonal snacks with loved ones — so why not introduce a ghoulish twist to your Halloween snack plans by adding some delicious peanuts into the mix?
At Hampton Farms, we believe there’s always an occasion to whip out creative concoctions featuring our finest nuts. Although candies and chocolate bars are Halloween staples, this hauntingly delicious trail mix recipe introduces a new go-to that you can enjoy all October long.
For this recipe, you’ll need a few snacking essentials that are easy to find. They may already be lying around in your pantry. Give this trail mix a Halloween feel by adding some of your favorite seasonal candies.
1 cup of Hampton Farms Honey Roasted Pecans
4 cups of snacking pretzels
½ cup of your favorite candy (We recommend candy-coated peanut butter pieces, chocolate chips, or candy corn. Get creative!)
1 cup of brown sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Mix your pretzels and Hampton Farms nuts in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a pan over medium heat, mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a pan. Stir the sugar mixture constantly until brought to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes without stirring, keeping an eye on the mixture to avoid burning. Remove from heat. Stir the baking soda and vanilla extract into the syrup as a thickening and sweet touch.
- Pour syrup mixture over your nuts and pretzel mixture. Stir it with a wooden spoon to get an even syrup coating across the solids. Pour the mixture into a baking pan and bake it for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to ensure even baking. Remove from the oven once the mixture is baked.
- Allow the trail mix to cool completely for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Before serving, add the candies of your choice.
Whether you’re looking to enjoy Halloween through traditional trick-or-treating activities with family, hosting a spooky party or simply relaxing with close friends, putting a twist on snacking ideas does not have to be scary. Put a tasty spin on your Halloween treats with Hampton Farms peanuts!
Hampton Farms has delivered the freshest, best quality peanuts from seed to shelf since 1917. Our business is family-owned and operated, and we are committed to producing the finest nut-based snacks and services with integrity, honesty and the pride of American farmers. If you’re looking for more snacks to help you and your loved ones warm up this fall, purchase some Hampton Farms nuts today!