Trazia's All-time Favorite Boiled Peanuts
2lbs raw Hampton Farms Valencia peanuts
1/2 cup minced garlic
1 Zatarain's crab boil seasoning in a bag
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 tablespoons Zatarain's creole seasoning
1/4 cup Kosher salt
1/4 cup garlic power
1/2 cup crushed red pepper
1/4 cup aleppo pepper
1. Rinse and clean the peanuts in a bowl of water.
2. Place the rinsed peanuts into a slow cooker and pour enough water so that they are completely submerged.
3. Add all seasoning to the peanuts and stir well. Leave the Zatarain's seasoning bag submerged.
4. Cook on low for at least 24 hours to 48 hours. Note: throughout the cooking process you may need to add more water.
5. The peanuts, once opened, should have a soft bean-like consistency.