Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes for Chocolate and Peanut Lovers
Romantic Valentine’s Day plans? Getting together with the girls for Galentine’s festivities? Living the single life and just looking to gorge on a tasty dessert? No matter the occasion, Valentine’s Day is a wonderful time to enjoy a delectable chocolate treat, and what better pairing than chocolate and, you guessed it… peanuts! Hampton Farms peanuts and chocolate are a match endorsed by Cupid himself, and at this time of year, love is in the air but also in the dessert. That’s why we’ve put together a collection of some of the most mouthwatering chocolate-peanut-based recipes that we could think of. Check them out below.
Peanut Butter Buckeyes
Why not show your affection with confectioners sugar? If you’re looking for elegant and dreamy bitesize delights to impress your sweetheart with, these Peanut Butter Buckeyes are for you! You could also stay in together and learn to make homemade peanut-butter chocolate truffles, and maybe spend the evening decorating them to your hearts’ desires. These delicious creations, filled with Hampton Farms Creamy Peanut Butter, also keep well in the refrigerator or even the freezer. Just a couple ideas—we’re peanut experts, not relationship experts.
1 ½ cups Hampton Farms Creamy Peanut Butter
½ cup butter at room temperature
3 ½ cups powdered sugar sifted
8 ounces chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place the Hampton Farms Creamy Peanut Butter, butter, and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Mix until the ingredients are incorporated, then knead with your hands until a smooth dough forms.
- Shape the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place on a sheet pan that's been lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze until solid, about 1 hour.
- In a double boiler, combine the chocolate chips and the vegetable oil. Melt together, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate, turn to coat, or decorate however you choose!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Who doesn’t enjoy sharing cookies with their loved ones? There’s nothing like biting into a freshly baked cookie, especially if it’s filled with chocolate and Hampton Farms Dark & Semi-Sweet Nut Butter—it’s enough to drive you nuts! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a great way to put your baking skills to the test. This recipe makes 24 cookies, but you’ll be hooked after the first. Trust us on this one.
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
½ cup Hampton Farms Dark & Semi-Sweet Nut Butter, well stirred
½ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg, room temperature
1 large egg yolk, room temperature
2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
⅔ cup pecans, chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, Hampton Farms Nut Butter, and both sugars until creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk. Beat on medium speed until the eggs are blended in.
- Add in the flour mixture gradually, until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and nuts until just combined.
- Portion the dough onto a prepared cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, portion into 24 evenly sized cookie balls. Place on the tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange the dough portions 2 inches apart on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 1 sheet pan at a time on the center rack for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies appear brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Honey Roasted Chocolate Peanut Clusters
Hoping to impress but also looking for minimal effort? These Honey Roasted Chocolate Peanut Clusters are awe-inspiring treats to bring to parties or give as a gift, but they’re surprisingly easy to make. With only four ingredients and no baking involved, these clusters of goodness are the perfect dessert for those who consider themselves kitchen-illiterate. Simply melt the chocolate chips and candy coating together on low heat and then stir in some Hampton Farms Honey Roasted Peanuts and call it a holiday!
½ pound of coarsely chopped white candy coating
3 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips
3 ounces milk chocolate chips
1 container of Hampton Farms Honey Roasted Peanuts
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat, cook and stir the candy coating and both types of chocolate chips until smooth and completely melted.
- Let mixture cool for 10 minutes
- Stir in Hampton Farms Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Form round tablespoons and drop them onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm
Hampton Farms has been delivering the freshest, best quality peanuts from seed to shelf since 1917. Our business is family-owned and operated, and we are committed to producing the finest nut-based snacks and services with integrity, honesty, and the pride of American farmers. If you’re looking for a heart-healthy snack, or looking to indulge for a romantic evening of desserts, purchase some Hampton Farms nuts today!